We the members of Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church, in one accord believe the following statement of Intent, Beliefs, and hold to the Doctrinal Statement of beliefs taken in part directly from the “Constitution and By-Laws” of this Church.
We the members of Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church of Manila, Arkansas, hereby adopt the following constitution based upon New Testament principles.
This constitution is not a device of human wisdom and government, nor a substitute for, or augmentation to the Word of God. It is simply a systematic review of the truth found in God’s Word concerning His church. It’s purpose is to ever keep before this assembly of the doctrines, organizations, methods and the procedures of fellowship and discipline, as clearly taught in the New Testament. With such a guide we shall, by God’s grace, endeavor to practice New Testament Christianity to all its phases.
OUR NAME—— Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church
OUR PURPOSE ——To present the Gospel to the lost and encourage growth in the lives of all God’s people according to His will.
OUR HOPE —–The soon return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(Declaration of Faith)
This congregation accepts the Bible as its sole authority in matters of faith and practice. We believe in the total inspiration of both the Old and New Testaments. We will teach and preach the truths as found in God’s Holy Word. We will, as God’s people, take a stand against anything or anyone who perverts or distorts the harmony and wisdom of the scriptures.
Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort, to promote it’s prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expense of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment, to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger, to abstain from the sale of, and use of, destructive drugs or intoxicating drinks as a beverage, to shun pornography; to be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember one another in prayer, to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy in speech, to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
- We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testament were inspired of God, that the original writings were inerrant and that they are of supreme and final authority. (II Peter 1:21, II TIm 3:16-17)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1, John 10:30, Matt. 28.9, Acts 5:3-4)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten in the flesh by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, He is eternal, He is God and no beginning and is true God and true man. (Is 7:14, Matt. 1:18-35, Col. 2:9, John 1:14, Gal. 4:4-5, I Tim. 3:16)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are now sinners by birth and by choice, positively inclined to evil and are therefore under just condemnation to eternal ruin and hell without defense or excuse. (Gen. 1:26-27, Gen. 2:17, Romans 15:12-21, Psalms 51:5, I Cor 2:14, Romans 1:20)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, as a representative and substitution on our behalf, and all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood. (I Cor. 15:1-4, II Cor. 5:21, I Peter 2:24, Romans 5:9, I Peter 1:18-19)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord, His bodily ascension into Heaven and His bodily presence there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (I Cor 15:1-4, I Cor. 15:20-25, Acts 1:9-11, Hebrews 7:25, I John 2:1-2)
- We believe in the personal, bodily, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (II Thess. 2, John 14:1-3, Matt. 24:44, I Thess. 4:14-18, I Cor. 15:51-58)
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Word through the ministry of the Holy Spirit and are thereby children of god and are eternally saved. (John 3:3, Gal.3:24-26, I John 5:13, Romans 8:35-39, John 10:27-29, Hebrews 6:3-6, I Peter 1:23, Romans 10:17)
- We believe that Satan is a real, literal being, the agent of the fall of man and that he is the prince of the power of this world, and that he shall be judged and eternally punished by God. (Rev. 10:1-10, I Thess. 4:16-18, I Cor. 15:51-54)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust, the eternal conscious punishment of the lost and the eternal joy of the saved. (Rev.10:10, I Thess. 4:16-18, I Cor. 15:51-54)
- We believe that marriage is a biblical institution established by God as clearly described in the scriptures. This Church recognizes that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. Accordingly, this Church, its pastor, staff and members will not participate in same-sex unions or same-sex marriages, nor shall its property or resources be used for such purposes.
- We believe the bible teaches that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, this Church opposes all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.
(Reception of Members)
- The first requirement for Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church membership is that the individual must first have received Jesus Christ as Savior. The scriptures teach that he must be “born from above, born of the Spirit”, made a “partaker of the Divine Nature”, and willing to give public testimony or statement to this effect. (John 3:3-8, Titus 3:5, II Peter 1:4, Romans 10:9-11)
- The only other requirement to Milligan Ridge missionary Baptist Church membership is to be baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, by the authority of Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church membership is to be baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, by the authority of Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church. (Acts 2:41, Romans 6:4)
- Any individual who has met the requirements as found in #1 & #2 above has the right to full fellowship in this local New Testament Church unless he/she is excluded because of willingly disobeying God, serving the devil and refuses to repent. (Acts 2:47, II Cor. 12:19-21)
- Excluded members must be joyously restored to fellowship upon confession of their sin and after giving evidence of repentance and humility.
- No non-member may serve in any leadership capacity at Milligan Ridge Missionary Baptist Church, they that do serve must be in good standing and full fellowship.
- Those who have been baptized into membership in a Baptist Church of like faith and doctrine, but are unable to receive a membership transfer due to loss of records, etc. may apply for membership on a statement of faith. Each case will be examined individually by the Pastor or those designated by the Pastor.
This Church will faithfully support missions of like faith and doctrine around the world. Our goal is to build doctrinally sound Churches for people everywhere. (Mark 16:15).
*As the constitute members of the body of Christ and in support of our local and state Baptist Missionary Associations we hold to these beliefs for the directive of fulfilling the Great Commission.